Last Updated: July 20, 2018
Scope and Consent
Collection of Information
We collect your personal information, for example, when you sign up to accept Scratchpay Payments (i.e. establish a program with Scratchpay), and during ongoing conversations with you once you are accepting Scratchpay Payments.
Without information about you, we may not be able to provide you with Services or the support you request(s). Our website and Services are not targeted or directed at minors under the age of 18 and do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about minors under the age of 18.
Information You Provide
We collect your personal information, for example, when you sign up to accept Scratchpay Payments (i.e. establish a program with Scratchpay), and during ongoing conversations with you once you are accepting Scratchpay Payments. We collect information about you, including:
- Identification information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- Financial information such as bank account and routing information;
- Other historical, contact, and demographic information.
We also collect information you send through our Services, including:
- Information about Scratchpay products and services you have accepted
Some of the information we collect is collected to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering laws.
We collect information you provide when you participate in contests or promotions offered by Scratchpay or our partners, respond to our surveys or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect from Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including:
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to accept, request or record payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information when you use our Services, including sending cookies to your device and using web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. For more information and to learn how to block or delete cookies used in the Services, please see “Your Choices” below. We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also collect information about you from third parties, including third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. By signing up to accept Scratchpay Payments, you authorize and consent to our obtaining from, and disclosing to, third parties, from time to time, any information about you in connection with the processing of any credit investigation, identity or account verification, fraud detection, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment and personal reporting agencies.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
Use of Information
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as:
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Displaying historical transaction or appointment information;
- Developing new products and Services; and
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use information about you to send you news and information, or to conduct surveys and collect feedback, about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners, based on your communication preferences and applicable law. We also may contact you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your Scratchpay Program.
We may use information about you:
- To protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- To enforce the terms of our Scratchpay Program Agreement for Providers, Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- To investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With other affiliates, for the purposes outlined above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and processing services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, and other entities in connection with the payment or money transfer process;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment or money transfer using our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities), (ii) to enforce or comply with the terms of our Scratchpay Program Agreement for Providers, Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, (iii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services, or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- With your consent.
We also may share aggregated information with third parties that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
We try to make your experience with Scratchpay simple and meaningful. When you access or use the Services, our web server may send a cookie to your device. Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Services and, as such, will last longer.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the Services before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive, which allows us to make sure we have enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our website or application.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web sign-up session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users.
Some of the cookies used in the Services are set by us, and others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services.
Do Not Track
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Scratchpay by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
Nevertheless, Scratchpay cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
Scratch Financial Inc., Attn: Privacy
225 S. Lake Avenue, Suite 250,
Pasadena, CA 91101, U.S.A.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy, or if you believe our policy or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Department listed above, and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We will keep records of your request and any resolution.